Wednesday, April 21, 2010

It helps if you turn your computer on...

So I'm pretty sure I saw Simon Pegg today. I was driving down Wells towards Target and saw a guy walking down the sidewalk. Since I am such a rubbernecker for the slightest thing, I stare, wondering where he was walking to. Then my eyes widened and I thought "Oh my gosh it's Shawn of the Dead!" I almost ran off the road I was trying to get a better look. I swear it was him, but when I googled him, it said he lives in England, so what was he doing in Woodland Hills? After Target, I took Olive to what I have begun calling the Poo Park. She loves walking around an old haunt and seeing (kinda) the dogs people bring. I think it's a bit masochistic to let strangers flaunt their dogs in front of you when you want one of your own so badly. Then over dinner she randomly told me this story of when she brought a piece of chalk on the bus and marked up this little boy's coat. The next day his mother got on the bus and yelled at her "for an hour" and she "cried and cried and boy, she KEPT me cryin'!" I thought that was funny.
So about a week ago I read Olive the book Our Search For Happiness by Elder Ballard. She gushed on and on about how wonderful the book is. It's basically just a brief overview of LDS beliefs, but since she is all but apostate, she found all of it new and exciting. So I decided that since she enjoyed that one so much (and since it made her happier and stopped all the depressing talk for a while) I'd start to read her Jesus the Christ by James E. Talmage. Fascinating book, though I think he could have toned down the pretentious vocabulary a bit so Mom and Pop Mormon can better understand what it is he's trying to say. While I was reading it to her tonight, a brief "A-Ha!" thought sprinted across my mind, one of those thoughts that you file in the Personal Revelation drawer. It briefly stopped my reading because I haven't had anything like that (at all) in weeks! Unfortunately, I couldn't stop to mull it over because I was reading aloud to Olive. It was one of those thoughts/feelings (feeloughts? theelings? thouelings?) that race through your mind so fast, it's almost like it never happened, so now that I'm finally alone, I'm left to try and mull over something that I can barely remember. If that makes any sense.
Do you want to hear something cool? Today I picked up a box of Bandaids and noticed that the label had braille writing on it, so that a blind person could pick up the box and tell what it is. Is that not cool? They do it for Spanish speakers, why not for the blind? Imagine if they did something for the deaf and you got yelled at by a box of Twinkies?

1 comment:

kelt said...

i just noticed the comments that you left on my blog. i approve! and thank you :) guess what else? i'm going to call you right now :)