Friday, April 2, 2010

Irritation is irritating

I was a bit irritated today, which meant a certain someone was getting on my nerves more quickly than usual. Especially when she went off on certain people being "geniuses" again, for the millionth time. According to her, just about everyone one that does anything in music, science, or anything besides what I am doing is a genius. Davis is a genius because he records music. Stan is a genius because he does the same. My sister is a genius because she is good at science. These people are not just smart or talented, they have honest to goodness genius IQs. I am very, very tired of hearing that word.
Then this afternoon, while she was napping, I decided to sit out on the lawn and enjoy the sun. A helicopter circled around for about 10 minutes, lowly, which was a bit freaky. I had been sitting there for about an hour, when Olive opens the screen door and yells out, "Kim? Are you still sitting there?"
"Yes," I answer.
"Don't get sick! You're going to get pneumonia from sitting on the lawn like that, and it's not good for the lawn! That's the worse thing you can do is sit on the lawn."
It continued like this until I finally got up and moved to the chair on the porch. Yelling, mind you, with a scowl and everything. And it was like 60 or 70 plus degrees outside. Argh.
But I noticed that since I have to half shout in order to be heard by Olive, I shout at everyone else too. It's like I've lost my sense of a normal tone of voice.
I got my FAFSA award notification and I'll have enough to go to school Fall, but I won't have enough to live in the dorms. So as long as they allow me to register for classes (BIG IF) and as long as I find somewhere to live, I'll be home!!! Big if. Keep your fingers crossed!

1 comment:

.kai. said...

my fingers are totally crossed! i'm so happy you're going back to school!