Sunday, March 28, 2010

Let me eat cake

The gardeners come on Fridays, usually about noon, but I was so out of it this week I forgot it was Friday. I kept hearing something that sounded like cattle bawling and thought it was rather weird to be hearing it in California. Then I realized it was a lawnmower. Then I realized it was coming from the front yard. Then I realized it was the gardeners. Then I realized it must be Friday. Then I realized it took me a long time to realize this. Hmmm. It has been a fairly...eventful week, but not the sort of events that I'd care to throw out into the internet audience, so I'm not entirely sure why I mentioned it. Cest la vie. But one thing I've really been enjoying, probably far too much and far too often than I should, is Pinky and the Brain. I enjoyed it as a young person, (who didnt?) but watching it now I've noticed so many things that are funny only for adults. And it's so quotable! I keep hearing things that I want to put on Facebook. Such is my personality. I pirate my status. Ha!
So earlier this week I made a pan of brownies. We finished it on Thursday. Friday afternoon I made a cake since I had a friend over for dinner. It is Sunday afternoon and the cake is gone. I find this a little funny considering Brad only had one small piece of cake and the rest Olive and I devoured. AN ENTIRE CAKE, ladies and gentlemen. In two days. And all I can think is, "Geez, I want some more cake."

1 comment:

kelt said...

ooh cake and brownies! excellent choices, my dear, excellent choices. by the way, the picture of you right under this post is HILARIOUS!!!