Tuesday, March 4, 2008

sand and shadows, water and wonders

I'm going through baby withdrawls. Poor me. So yesterday at chruch the ward clerk grabs me after sacrament and asks if I can meet with the bishop. I'm thinking, crap, I don't want a calling and crap, he's probably wondering why I've missed so much church. But it turns out he just wanted to see how I was because he hadn't seen me in a while. Also, he's a family counselor and he knows my parents are divorced, so he tends to check up on that every semester. But I dont' mind. I love our bishopric.
After church I ate Girl Scout cookies and read Arthur Miller's autobiography. Incredible writer! I've never been a great fan of his plays. Although they are incredibly well written and intellectually stimulating, they're a bit too depressing for me. However, his autobio gives me a whole new perspective so I want to read through his plays again. And in his autobio he offers thoughts on so many things that are so beautifully written and so thought provoking...but I digress. In short, it's a great book, even if it is 500 pages.
Today's music: Bob Dylan

2 comments:

Megan said...

How can you not like Arthur Miller? I fell in love with The Crucible after I got to teach it during student teaching. It was amazing...by far my favorite. Love it!

Guh said...

girl scout cookies?

jealous.

i don't know who Arthur Miller is

can we still be friends?