Tuesday, February 26, 2008

eddie would go

So last week the apartment managers sent out an email asking if anyone would be interested in being the RA. I sent back a reply thinking, what the heck, why not? On Friday she sent out another email saying that a lot of people had been interested and would we mind answering a few questions? The questions were like, if someone was coming in consistently late, what would you do, what would you do about this, what are your thoughts about the Honor Code, etc. I answered very bluntly with things like, warning people twice and if they break it again, then the managers would have to talk to the Honor Code office, if an apartment had a problem, then I would help them sort it out without resorting to the managers because we're adults and we need to start learning how to solve our own problems and if people can't obey the rules of the apartment, how are they going to handle the real world? I sent back these answers thinking I would never be picked, that I sounded a bit too hard-nosed, that I wasn't going to be around enough, etc. Anyways, I met with the managers tonight, thinking they wanted to meet with a few applicants. After chatting with them about mutual acquaintances, Lisa was like, "well, we're giving you the job. When we read your email, my husband was like, you're hiring her right?" Apparently my bluntness was a good thing, because they really liked it. So for $50 a month, I have to lock the laundry room doors and do random checks for guys. Go figure.

1 comment:

Guh said...

i was an RA for about 2 years when i was still single in good 'ol rexburg. It wasn't too bad. I'm so glad that you got it!!!