Tuesday, June 25, 2013

I'm baaaaaaaaack!

All hail the resurrection of the almighty blog, where average citizens, such as myself, can post their mental or verbal vomit into the void of the world wide web in the vain belief their witticisms will be adored by all. Or in my case, where I post because it's 1 pm and I've nothing better to do at work. But as I've decided to resurrect this probably pointless endeavor, for reasons I don't understand, without actually having anything to blog about, it seems this brilliant ideas is...not so brilliant.

Since my boss's wife is at girl's camp this week, he's working from home so he can referee his two boys. Consequently, there has not been a whole lot for me to do (hence this foray into my blogging past) and I've spent a great deal of time looking out the window wishing I was somewhere eating something. Unfortunately, there is a bowl of Dove chocolates sitting in a bowl on my desk, ostensibly for clients, but the mint and cookies and cream flavors seem to mysteriously find their way into the stomachs of the employees. You tell yourself every morning that you're only going to have one, but by the end of the day your trash can is littered with the foil skins of a multitude of your chocolate victims. And you feel no guilt. In fact, all you can think is, "Hmmm, the bowl is getting low. Better get some more." And we employees all tell each other the clients must really like these chocolates. Yes, the clients, riiiiiigggghhhhtttt. A nod, a wink, a nudge-nudge. They never tell you that the shadiest things that happen in the law is over the candy bowl.

No comments: