Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Hola




Two of my new favorite authors: Walter Moers and Patrick Taylor.
So the fourth of July passed quietly, considering. Kendra and Zack came up to stay and we bought some illegal fireworks. Of course a cop parked right across the street so we had to hold off on the illegals until he left. One of my illegal rockets shot down the street instead of in the air and came close to hitting a truck. Then one of my legal little spinning fountains wigged out and sparks shot across the street right at people. Eventful evening. I've never seen so many cops crawling all over the place. So nice most of the time, but that night it was rather annoying. I've found a great stack of books at the thrift stores in town and since I'm only watching Emma this summer, I have time to read them.
My ward this summer is so far very disappointing. I'm used to the ward in Bozeman, where people were nice and participated in the lessong and actually got up and bore their testimonies on Fast Sunday. This past Sunday we sat there for what seemed like a long time and no one stood, so I thought, "For crying out loud!" and stood and, as usual when bearing my testimony (baring?) I got excited and the words just tumbled out so who knows if I made any sense. Anyways, after I got up all the visitors got up and gave really good testimonies. There were only three people from the ward who stood up. Pretty pathetic really. Whatever. At least the ward has at least one piece of eye candy to look at...
Today's deep thought: Is it okay to steal something that was stolen from you? Is it ethical? For example, say I steal a rather large and expensive radio from you. Is it okay for you to come in without notifying me and steal it back? Would it even be called "stealing" if it was technically yours?
Also, something happened in Hawaii that bears noting: a chicken attack. Anyone who has been to Kauai knows it's overrun with feral chickens. My mom and Sidnee and I were sitting in the car in a pull out watching the ocean and Sidnee threw out some food of some sort to the male, female, and baby chicken. After a while, she closed the door and I fell asleep. Suddenly, there was a crash on my window. My initial thought as I shot awake was that some anti-haole local was trying to rob us, but as I looked up at the window, I saw the stupid female chicken flapping her wings and falling to the ground. We all look at each other like, "Did that chicken just attack the car?" We were so freaked out we didn't get out, we just left. Seriously, have you ever even heard of a chicken attacking a car?

1 comment:

Kim said...

That's crazy only 3 people bore their testimonies. Sadly I wouldn't have been one of those 3 I am such a chicken (that and I have those uncontrollable sobs and sniffling that make it impossible to understand any words coming out of my mouth) - so I share mine silently. Yes I think it is ok to steal something back that rightfully belongs to you... if you are stealing it from the person who stole it from you -- otherwise it could get messy.